Best Travel Destinations in 2023 – Off the Beaten Path
When planning your next holiday, it’s wise to search out travel destinations off the beaten track. Not only are these places less touristy, but they still offer plenty of activities for all ages – like swimming with marine iguanas or snorkeling on the Great Barrier Reef! You never know what adventures await you when exploring these lesser-known gems of Australia!
The Hottests Travel Destinations in 2023 according to us!
While many people are familiar with popular destinations like the Great Barrier Reef or a river cruise through Southeast Asia, there are also many lesser-known gems that offer an unforgettable experience. Lonely Planet’s “Best in Travel” list features 30 destinations around the world ranked according to factors like friendliness and foodie-friendliness; these places were chosen based on various criteria.
It is essential to note that each of these destinations has been carefully curated with expert local perspectives, giving visitors a more complete idea of what can be expected when visiting them.
- Zagori, Greece: If you’re planning a trip here in 2023, the Greek countryside offers plenty of traditional culture and delicious cuisine to explore. Hiking is the best way to take in all this natural splendor – from rugged mountains and steep forests to foaming rivers. Don’t miss out on seeing Vikos Gorge – one of the world’s deepest gorges – during your hike as it takes in all this stunning natural splendor.
- Fes, Morocco: Fes is a UNESCO World Heritage Site that exudes culture at every turn and should not be missed by anyone interested in exploring Morocco’s medieval architecture. Inside you’ll find the world’s largest intact medieval city with over 9,500 winding streets and alleys for an immersive sensory experience.
- Cambodia: Famed for its ancient temples and tombs in Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Cambodia offers so much more to explore than just its iconic landmarks. Its beaches are pristine and serene, its cuisine delicious, and you can explore wildlife too.
- Bali: For those seeking an exotic vacation, this Indonesian island has plenty to offer. Its beaches are fringed by coconut palms, the water is warm and clear, and there are several luxurious hotels to choose from.
- Croatia: Korcula, recently added to the World Heritage List, is perfect for adventurers seeking something off the beaten path. There are plenty of hiking trails and waterfalls to discover here, plus plenty of glamping and camping options to choose from.
- Bhutan: This Himalayan kingdom has long been a favorite destination for backpackers and trekkers, but in 2023 there will be an influx of luxurious mountain lodges opening. Making Bhutan even more of a luxury choice than before, if you’re searching for an outdoorsy getaway that embraces nature, Bhutan could be the ideal destination.