One major challenge avid videographers and photographers face when going out to take great aerial shots has to pack so many pieces of equipment in a bags. Often they have to pack several lenses, mounts, batteries, multiple cameras, trips and clutter of so many other accessories.
So you have to carry oversize bags to the field or leave some of the equipment at home. Older drone avec caméra embarquée pose the same challenge because some of them are big.
But leaving such equipment behind means, you miss the opportunity to take excellent overhead shots.
DJI Mavic Air is just compact enough to eliminate the portability problem. With this device, you will no longer have to compromise when going out to capture nature. The vast array of impressive onboard features will complete major aerial photography tasks as flawlessly as its high-end counterparts at a rather low price.
Features of the DJI Mavic Air
- A 360-degree image capture angle with a complete sphere panorama mode
- Smart picture is capturing controls allowing for ultra-responsive and active hand gestures. This lets you control the drone from a maximum of 33 feet away
- 1/2.3 inch CMOS sensor with high sensitivity signature
- 12.0MP High Definition effective pixels camera
- HDR mode to support still photos
- 30 fps and 720p live view feed using remote control or app
- Flight time duration of a maximum of 21 minutes
- Folds to about 6″ long, 3″ wide, and 2″ high
- Speeds to maximum of 42.5 mph
- 3-axis gimbal gyroscope
- 4K UHD video support at 30 fps
- Obstacle bypassing capabilities
Mavic Air the Pros
With a price tag of $799, this drone has a lot in common with the family member DJI Mavic Pro and its somewhat distant relative DJI Spark. Like those equally impressive models, Mavic Air comes with the following advantages to the benefit of the user.
1. It offers a wide array of overhead shooting modes allowing the user to diversify his shots
2. The device is compact enough to fit in a small bag and easy to carry around
3. It is handy for the aerial photography enthusiasts, beginners, and hobbyists
4. The new obstacle bypass technology makes the drone easier to use because it can steer itself from harms path
5. It is probably the most portable from DJI’s lineup of drones with a small battery and other accessories that make it much easier to transport
6. The design of the device shows smart design tweaks compared to the previous version. Sincerely most drones come out ugly and look like creepy flying bugs, but Mavic Air is a little cute to look at.
Sadly, this drone’s limited creative options make it less appealing to avid photography professionals. It just doesn’t live up to the more demanding stuff of drone photographers.
The idea of incorporating two different USB connection options doesn’t make sense. It uses USB Type-C port when transferring footages but uses the Micro USB to charge. It is odd.
It is a drone I can easily recommend to anyone who wants to take superior aerial images and filming modes without possessing extensive drone skills. Although the drone is a little overpriced ($799!!), it is still the most robust device ever to come from DJI. If you are looking for a mini drone pas cher, watch this video!
Last Updated on